The Benefits of Block Paving
If you’re looking to install a new driveway or replace the dated one, there are several paving options available. However, using block paving has advantages over other methods. Block pavers are made from various materials, including clay, concrete, recycled plastic, etc. They are available in different shapes, sizes, textures, colours and patterns.
Here are some of the benefits of using block paving over other materials:
1. Low Maintenance
• Paver blocks don’t need polishing on the top surface and will not need to be repainted in the future.
• Pavers are not prone to cracking hence will not need frequent maintenance as compared to asphalt pavement and concrete.
• A simple wash with soap, water and brush will keep you paving block driveway looking fresh and bright for years to come.
• They do not fade or get affected by the UK weather hence will be looking pristine for a long time.
2. Durable and Hard-wearing
• When properly installed, these interlocking paving blocks do not crack since all expansions and contractions forces are disseminated in the joint between the blocks.
• Since paving blocks are made from concrete and clay, a block paving driveway is very durable and will last reliably for up to 20 years. Any defective block can be easily replaced without much hassle.
• Block paving driveways are suitable for both commercial and residential use for long-lasting applications.
• Block pavers can withstand any vehicular and pedestrian traffic with low maintenance.
• Block paving driveways are very suitable for all traffic – low, medium, and heavy.
• Since block pavers can withstand high pressures without yielding, they are suitable for use in airports and docks.
3. Highly versatile
• Block pavings are available in a variety of shapes such as I, Rectangular, Hexa, Square, Trihex, Cobble and zigzag. They can, therefore, be installed to different unique designs for optimum visual effects.
• They come in different colours and textures to match any design needs, style and curb appeal considerations.
• There are manufactures to interlock with each other seamlessly without the need for adhesives. They can be interlocked to form unique patterns according to your style and taste.
• Due to their variety in colour, design, and thickness of block pavers, they are suitable for both domestic and commercial applications such as:
– Parking areas
– Pool Decks
4. SUDs Compliant and More Environment-friendly
• Paver blocks are more environment-friendly as compared to plain solid surfaces. Since they have interlocking joints, paver blocks allow water and chemical-ridden runoffs to sip percolate into the ground, and get purified. This is unlike the hard-plain surfaces such as concrete that lead to massive surface runoffs that may lead to flooding and pollution.
• Due to their ability to soak in water into the ground, block paving driveways are SUDs compliant hence you’ll be able to construct your driveway without the need for lengthy compliance approval procedures.
• They prevent rainwater from flooding and prevent the formation of pesky water puddles hence removing the need for expensive drainage systems.
• Paver blocks can be designed as interlocking permeable pavers to accommodate vegetation such as grass to be planted in each grid. These pavers have extensive capabilities to re-use stormwater back into the ground, instead of channelling the water to the streets.
5. Slip and Skid Resistant
• Block paving driveways are safe to use even when oily. The network of interlocking joints serves to prevent skidding and slipping.
• Even when wet or in monsoon season, the top surface of interlocking block paving has superior anti-slipping properties.
6. Easy to Install and Quick to replace
• Block paving can be easily installed without the need for heavy machinery or equipment. With minimum training, a standard can be installed in as little as 3-4 days.
• They have an integrated interlocking system hence doesn’t require the use of mortar.
• When one paver block is damaged or stained, they can be easily replaced without the need for heavy machinery and skilled labour.
Get Your Dream Block Paving Driveway Today
Paver blocks are a long-lasting driveway and patio paving solution and are suitable for both commercial and domestic applications. We have a variety of block paving colours, shapes and designs that can be installed according to your style and preference. If you can imagine it, we can design it and install it!
For further information regarding block paving please vist https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pavement_(architecture)